This blog is Business Intelligence tutorial, which contains lots of definitions and terms.
There are three steps in Business Intelligence: Data forms, Data Warehouse and Reporting.
- Structured: Standardized and easy for computers to read and query.
- Unstructured: Not stored in rows and columns, so it can’t easily read by computers.
As we talked in previous blog, company data can be found in several locations, such as CRM programs, which is also shown in the picture below.
Data warehouse uses a process (ETL, i.e., extract, transform and load) to standardize data, which allows it can be queried.
How does information get to a central location?
- Extract: unstructutred data is tagged with metadata to make it easier to find
- Transform: normalize data
- Load: tranfer data to central warehouse or data mart
Turning Data into Powerpoints (Business Intelligence Reporting)
- Data visualization: Graphic display of results
- Dashboard: Interfaces that represent specific analyses
If you are interested in or have any problems with Business Intelligence, feel free to contact me .
Or you can connect with me through my LinkedIn.